Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AOJ... J.L. "Wes" Montgomery


J.L. "Wes' Montgomery
1923 - 1968
American guitar player

oil on canvas
20" X 24"

I know, I know, getting out of order here but I'm posting a bunch at once today and this is the one that started it all. I have to say that Wes is the first jazz musician I went gah gah over waaaay back when I was a small impressionable pre-bone. Dad had this great album (Boss Guitar) that I remember listening to over and over late at night while imagining making out with Michelle Knight. I thought I was really cool because I knew who WM was and everybody else was listening to fucking Poison. But there is a direct lineage between CC Deville and Wes Montgomery. No there isn't.

This painting by the way is now owned by the fantastic artist Harriett Goode from Rock Hill, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment