Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NC Musician #1 - George Clinton


George Clinton
Born in Kannapolis, NC
1941 -
American musician

oil on wood
18"X24"

I guess what I've decided to do here is blog about NC musicians and all sorts of jazz musicians (please see the heralded, Alphabets of Jazz series - AOJ for short, natch). You know what, I'll probably throw all sorts of people in but for now it's gonna be jazz and NC talent.

So.....George Clinton: mastermind of Parliament and Funkadelic and Parliament Funkadelic and P-Funk and various other funky derivatives. Undeniable innovator in the world of black rock, funk and disco...and for that matter, hip-hop. I think Mos Def is quoted as saying that Dr. Dre should celebrate George Clinton day...everyday.

I love George Clinton and pretty much everything he has ever done. Except the copious amounts of crack. I don't love crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment